Published: March 20, 2020
How to send and receive money overseas.
First things first. To send money to an overseas account you’ll need the international bank account number or IBAN. This is essentially the BSB and account number together with no spaces. You’ll also need provide the following details:
- Recipients name;
- Bank address;
- Swift code; and
- In some cases you’ll also need the reason for funds transfer.
There are a number of ways that you can transfer money internationally with the Illawarra Credit Union. Through our partnership with Western Union, you are able to send payments to most countries in over 200 currencies.
One way is via a telegraphic transfer. This transmits the funds electronically to an overseas bank account in the specified currency. Which means that the funds are placed directly into the payee’s bank account.
Here’s how you can process the payment in electronically:
- Log into internet banking;
- Go to the Payments tab;
- Select International transfers; and
- Follow the country specific information and prompts
NB. If the funds that you are transferring are required to be in AUD, please contact us directly to process the payment.
Over the phone:
- Call us on 13 22 49
Visit a branch:
- Come into any one of our branches and a staff member will be able to help you process the payment.
Important notes to remember:
- A transfer can take between 48 and 72 hours.
- Payments can be made between local and overseas organisations or people
- Fees will apply
View our Fees, Charges and Transaction Limits brochure for more information on our fees and charges.
The Illawarra Credit union Swift code: CUSCAU2SXXX