We’ll continue to support our customers and our community during this period of uncertainty.
During these uncertain times, we want to reassure our customers that we are here for you. For the last 49 years, our focus has been on supporting our customers and our communities. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, our focus will remain the same.
We’re committed to the ongoing support of our customers
- Branches to remain open. Our branches will continue to be open and available for customers wishing to use this service. Find a branch.
- Hardship requests. Customers who are experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19, can contact us to discuss alternative arrangements. Learn more here or submit an application for financial assistance here.
Stay up to date with all of the latest Australian Government updates.
For health information. Visit the Department of Health website
Australian Government’s Economic Response. Visit the Treasury website
For information about Coronavirus scams. Visit the Stay Smart Online website
I’ve lost my job or had reduced hours due to COVID-19 and I may not be able to make regular home loan repayments. What options are available to me?
There are a number of options available to our customers that have been impacted by COVID-19.
- If you’re ahead in your loan repayments you could consider accessing the funds in your redraw facility.
- For customers with an offset facility, you can utilise the funds available in the account.
- You can also consider if switching to Interest Only loan repayments is right for you.
- You can also review your loan repayments and reduce these to the minimum monthly repayment amount.
- You can also talk to our team about a repayment holiday. Our team can work with your to determine the holiday period, which could be up to three months for applications granted before 31 August 2021. It’s important to note, that interest and charges will continue to be added to the loan balance. After this period, the repayment amount will increase so you can pay the total balance over the remaining loan term.
If you’d like to discuss your options, please call us 13 22 49 or submit an application for financial assistance here, and our team will we’ll work to develop a solution that’s right for you.
Will my credit score be impacted if I defer my loan repayments due to COVID-19?
Your credit score won’t be affected if you choose to defer your loan repayments for up to three months due to COVID-19, for applications granted before 31 August 2021. This is provided that your loan repayments were up to date beforehand.
If you were behind in your repayments, please contact us to discuss if your credit score will be impacted.
If I don’t defer my loan repayments, but miss my minimum repayment, will this still be reported to credit bureaus and impact my credit score?
We understand that COVID-19 may impact our customers’ ability to make repayments. However, we are required to report to credit bureaus, where credit arrangements have not been met. If you’re concerned about making your minimum repayment, please contact us to discuss your options or submit a request here.
How do I access my redraw?
You can check if you have loan advances available to you via internet banking and moneytree, and access them through the same channels. Just ensure there are enough funds available for when your next repayment is due when you transfer.
Of course, you can also give us a call if you need any assistance.
How do I reduce my repayments?
There’s a few ways you can do this:
- If you’ve set up a recurring loan repayment with us, you can make the change via internet banking. Here’s how: Log onto internet banking, select ‘Payments’ in the top navigation, then select ‘Future payment details’ to make the change.
- If you have set up a payroll split with us, we can make the changes if you give us a call on 13 22 49.
If you need any assistance, please contact us on 13 22 49.
I have limited access to cash and need some extra money for my daily expenses, what can I do?
There are a few options you could consider.
If you have a loan product with us, you may consider accessing any funds in your offset facility or redraw account.
We also have a personal overdraft facility available to our customers. The facility would be linked to your transaction account and allows you to access additional funds, should you need it. Standard eligibility applies. Contact us to learn more about our overdraft facility.
If you have a term deposit account and need to access your funds due to hardship, please contact us directly and a member of our team will be available to assist.
You can also consider taking out a low-rate credit card. Learn more here.
When will I receive the Government stimulus package money?
For updates around Government support, visit the Treasury website.
How do i lodge a claim under my Mortgage Protection Insurance or Loan Protection policy?
If you want to lodge a claim under your Mortgage Protection Insurance or Loan Protection Insurance policy, please send an email to [email protected] with your full name, policy number and advise whether you intend to claim for Disability or Involuntary Unemployment cover.
The applicable claim form will be sent to you within 24 hours.
While we understand that QBE are currently experiencing large volumes of claim lodgements, a QBE claim representative will endeavour to be in contact with you as soon as possible.
If you wish to talk to a claim representative, please call the QBE Claims team on 1800 636 430 weekdays between 8am – 5pm (AEST).
Stay safe online
we're here to help.
We're committed to helping our customers for the long-term. Now more than ever we want to let you know that we're here for you. If you're in need of assistance, please call us on 13 2249.